This needs a little background before the sharing of the cuteness.
A few months ago, Dave took Fin to see his first movie in a theater. It was WALL-E, so of course, there has been a lot of WALL-E and Eva pretend play around our house as of late.
This morning, Fin walks up to me and just starts telling me the following story:
"Once upon a time, there was a big brother and her name was Eva. And one day, she was as big as her little baby. And that's all I know!"
I was cracking up at how much of a "story" he was trying to tell. A while later, I was driving him up to Haha's house and he asked me to tell him a story, so I repeated exactly what he had told me this morning. When I was done he asked, "Can you tell me the rest of the story?"
I told him I didn't know the rest of it and needed him to tell me, so he replied, "Once upon a time, there was a girl named Eva and she went to the ZOO!"
Me: "What animal did she see there?"
Fin: "A lion!"
Me: "And what did the lion say to her?"
Fin: "ROAR!"
Me: "And what else did she see?"
Fin: "Trees!"
Me: "What did the trees say?"
Fin: "The trees didn't say anything!"
The story went on that Eva also saw some pants and they didn't say anything either. There were no other animals at the zoo that day, just the lion, trees and pants, and only the lion had anything to say.
This kid cracks me up. He's getting really good at telling stories and when he asks us to tell him a story, he always knows exactly what he wants to hear. Sometimes it's a recap of his favorite TV show Caillou (ugh) or a recap of something he's experienced, like the time he stepped in fire ants in Texas or the first time he met Baby Greta; other times it's aaaaaalll imagination and so, so cute.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Of course trees dont say anything, Mama. Silly!
Post a Comment