Fin has named his doll. Dave asked him what the baby's name was and started tossing out random boy names. Fin just sat there making the "chew" sign over and over, so Dave asked him if the baby's name was "Baby Chewie". Fin thought this was hilarious and squealed with laughter every time one of us said Baby Chewie, so that appears to be the doll's name. Welcome to the family, Baby Chewie! (Now, whenever one of us mentions the doll or says Baby Chewie, Fin just sits there giggling and doing the "chew" sign.)
I came home from work a couple days ago and was playing with Fin while Dave made dinner. Fin wanted his doll ("bay-bay") so I retrieved Baby Chewie from the bedroom. When I gave Fin the doll, he signed "drink" before I could sit down, so I figured he was thirsty. I got him a sippy cup of water and sat down to play with him and the doll. He immediately held the doll in his arms and gave Baby Chewie the water. It was so sweet that of course I had to take a picture. (I'll share it whenever I find the cord to get the pictures off the camera...sigh. But trust me, it's adorable.)
The next morning Fin woke up, sat up in bed and looked around the room for the cat, as usual. He was glancing around the bed saying "meow?" when his eyes landed on Baby Chewie next to the bed. "Bay-bay!"
Once again, as soon as he had the doll in his hands, he signed "drink" so Dave hopped up to get some water. Dave brought back both a sippy cup and a bottle of water and Fin kept the sippy for himself and gave the bottle of water to the doll. Apparently this is a thirsty baby.
The sweetest part of the morning however, was that when Dave went to get the water Fin signed "love". I asked him if he loved Baby Chewie and he nodded. "Yes." He signed "love" again and I asked if Baby Chewie loved him. He just looked at me urgently and signed "LOVE" like I was dense. So I asked if he loved mommy and he replied with the full body nod. "Yes!"
Those BabySign classes were worth every single penny.
Later that night, as we were trying to convince the boy who could barely keep his eyes open but refused to stop playing that sleep really would be a good idea, we decided to put Baby Chewie in bed with us and put the doll to sleep in the hopes that Fin would play along. We told him Chewie was going night-night and laid him down. Fin promptly grabbed the doll by the head (ouch) and just hugged him tight.
For the next few minutes, every time we would kiss Fin, he would in turn kiss the doll. Finally, Fin decided he and Chewie had had enough snuggles and kisses and they were off on an adventure. He crawled to the foot of the bed with Chewie in tow, threw the doll into the Pack'n'Play and started trying to crawl in himself.
Danger baby!
I asked him if he wanted to play in there with Chewie and he said "In", but immediately wanted "up!" as soon as he realized Dave and I would not be joining in the PnP games. Chewie spent the night in the PnP and Fin finally settled down and snuggled next to Mommy for the night.
Chewie was a pretty good purchase for $10. :)
Wednesday, March 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh my gosh....that is so sweet Benah! :heart:
Post a Comment