I was going to call it my "momory", but that sounds just a little bit too much like "mammary", now doesn't it?
Once upon a time (as all good tales should begin) in January of 2008...
Greta was almost 2 months old and was finally starting to wake up to the world. I swear, this girl slept for the first 6 weeks of her life, SO different from Fin! But I digress.
One evening Greta was getting a little fussy, so I took her into the bedroom to nurse her with fewer distractions. Dave came in to talk to me for a moment and after a few minutes, we realized the rest of the house was quiet. Too quiet.
I asked Dave if he knew what Fin was doing. He replied with a shrug, "Playing with something glass."
I thought he was kidding at first, but when I asked, "WHAT?" Dave explained that he'd heard something clink together that sounded like glass and asked if he should go check on Fin.
Yes, please! Absolutely! Why would we let a two year old play with glass things, much less ALONE?
A moment later, Dave simply yells across the house, "You were right."
Greta and I walk out to find the boys and are greeted by this sight:
A few days earlier, Haha had found a ceramic Winnie the Pooh honey pot at a garage sale and decided it needed to live on our kitchen table. With honey in it.
Of course, this was just too great a temptation for a two-year old.
He had discovered he could reach the middle of the table by standing on the chair, had a few quiet moments to himself and seized that opportunity! When he saw us standing there, amazement and horror on our faces, he looked up and sweetly grinned, saying, "Finny eat Pooh's honey all gone!"
He was so proud. There was no way we could get mad, we could only get the camera.
And yes, that honey was all over the place. That chair will never be the same again.
The Pooh honey pot was soon relocated to Haha's house and Fin got a serious bath before bedtime that night.

1 comment:
Whenever I watch Winnie the Pooh I think of Fin and his love of honey. :)
Post a Comment