My sweet little Fin is THREE!
I don't quite know where the time has gone, but the last three years just flew by so quickly. What have I been doing with my time?
We've been telling stories and reading books, pretending to be various characters and tickle monsters, building forts and "hospitals" out of couch cushions just to knock them down and giggle, having messy days and writing letters to penpals and ourselves, making wonderful creations out of playdoh and trying to keep Greta from eating it all, snuggling and cuddling and giving lots of kisses, "blowing" hugs and asking so many questions and learning and laughing all day long.
And he's just growing up to be the most amazing little boy. He's smart, he's sweet, he's inquisitive, he's impatient, he's silly, he's beautiful - and he's mine. And he's heard me say it, too. Every once in a while, he'll give me a great big hug and say, "You're MINE!".
This morning, he woke up, gave me a hug and announced, "I'm going to keep you for best forever!" The grammar is not quite there, but I definitely understand his sentiment.
And before I left for work this morning, he and Dave were drawing at the dining table. GaGa showed up and when she asked what he was drawing, he said as clear as day, "I'm drawing Mrs. Potato Head and Mr. Potato Head from Woody!" (Toy Story = Woody).
I got a little choked up and pointed out the Dave that he said PO-TA-TO instead of his usual "Ta-AY-To". Fin just laughed as said, "'Ta-ato?" That's silly! That doesn't sound like 'potato!'"
Yep, he's growing up so very quickly. I'm so blessed.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment