Last night as we were driving home from Gaga's house, I started asking Fin about the holidays coming up. I asked about his favorite things about Thanksgiving, Christmas, his upcoming birthday, etc.
Me: "What's your favorite thing about birthdays?"
Fin: "The cake!"
Me: "What's your favorite thing about Greta?"
Fin: "The... sister part!"
Me: "What's your favorite thing about Daddy?"
Fin: "The Daddy part!"
Me: "What's your favorite thing about Mommy?"
Fin: (silence) "Hmmm.... the freckle!"
Yes, this kid is still obsessed with two freckles I have on my chest. He discovered them while he was still nursing, but they became true comfort when he weaned. Now, whenever he is tired, sad, scared, hurt, whatever, he will ask, "Can I have the freckle?" Sometimes he'll just slide his hand right down my shirt without asking. This is how he falls asleep most nights.
I think it's awfully sweet, though I know it looks weird to anyone who doesn't know about the freckles and their exact locations. (I swear, they're not near the boobs.) But I was still surprised when they were his favorite thing about mommy. LOL Guess all those kisses and hugs don't add up to much without the freckle, huh?
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You've been tagged at http://www.mysentimentexactlee.com/2008/12/shot-on-spot-memei-cant-believe-im.html
Post a Comment