Okay, so it's not quite a full month, but in honor of Thanksgiving, I decided a few weeks ago to make all of my Facebook status updates about something for which I was thankful. The following is what crossed my path this month and made me stop for a moment to be appreciative.
Nov 9
Benah is thankful for healthy babies, even when they have the sniffles and cough all night.
Nov 10
...is thankful for baby squeals, giggles and belly laughs. Especially when they start the day!
...is thankful for family bedtime snuggles and cuddles and for little boys who announce, "I like you very much. I'm going to keep you FOREVER. Yummy Mommy."
Nov 11 - Veteran's Day
...is thankful to all who have served our country in the military. Your efforts and sacrifices are deeply appreciated.
...is thankful that so many people are working to reduce our carbon footprints and our negative impact on the Earth through innovation, design and green options for so many parts of our lives. The GreenBuild expo today was very impressive!
Nov 12
... is thankful to work with and be surrounded by people dedicated to getting educational opportunities to those who are unserved by the current system and improving access for those who are underserved and for the conversations and action aimed at increasing the relevance and rigor of secondary and postsecondary education.
Nov 13
...is very thankful for little people who like me so much their first thought upon waking is, "Mommy! Mommymommymommymommymommy!" Even if it means I never get to use the bathroom or shower without an audience.
Nov 14
...is thankful for therapy, hard work and progress. After suffering a massive stroke 6 weeks ago and having complete paralysis on her left side, my grandmother has stood, raised her left leg, moved her left arm and wiggled her fingers this week! More hard work ahead, but woooohooo for healing!
Nov 15
...is thankful for popcorn, Pixar, and lazy weekends watching movies with the kiddos. :)
Nov 16
...is thankful for kiddos that think yogurt is an awesome special treat and a husband who is willing to do silly dances in the kitchen to keep us all entertained.
(And because it's funny, I have to share that Fin accidentally mixed some yogurt into his mac & cheese, so Dave was doing the "Macarogurt" dance to the Macarena. LOL. The kids loved it.)
Nov 17
...is thankful for a great job that includes paid sick days. I'm lucky that I can stay home on days like today when I feel like poop and know it will not affect my family's income or my position at work.
Nov 18
...is thankful for old friends who can still make me laugh and cheer me up regardless of how long it's been since we last spoke or how far away we may be from each other.
...is thankful that 10 years ago I stumbled into a date that changed my life. He was supposed to be a rebound guy, but two kids and a decade later, we're still making it work. Happy Date-iversary, sweetie!
Nov 19
...is thankful for hot tea with honey and Ricola. Now where is the magic pill I can take while nursing to make everything stop hurting? $&€!?* flu! Uugggghhh. And ow. :(
...is thankful for a mom who lets me bring my flu cooties to her house so the kiddos aren't too exposed to it, especially when she brings me tea, soup and cookies in bed! Also very thankful for a hubs that will handle both kids solo for a few days so I can rest. ♥ love you both!
Nov 20
...is thankful for a wonderful big sister. Happy Birthday, Kiza! Hope you have a great day; don't know what I'd do without you! ♥
...is thankful to be home with my babies after three days of being quarantined at mom's. Still feeling a bit blah, but I couldn't take another day being away from my family!
Nov 22
...is thankful for the neti pot and its ability to relieve at least a little bit of this massive sinus pressure. Ugh. I'm ready to be well now. Please?
Nov 23
... is thankful for a great chiro visit (Thanks, Dr. Jenny!), mega-C immunity-boosting fruit smoothies and one more day of rest. Tomorrow I WILL be better!
...is EXTREMELY thankful that we found our little escape artist safely in the backyard trying to ride her bike in the grass and not on top of the swingset or hurt. Eesh. Mommy heart attack over now.
Nov 24
...is thankful for a great group of women to have lunch with and another great group of women to go watch vampire movies with. Despite the mid-day migraine, this was a good pick-me-up day from the flu!
Nov 25
...is thankful for solid fridge shelves that have a raised edge so the juices from the thawed turkey didn't get on everything in the fridge. Also thankful for fridge shelves that slide out for easy cleaning!
Nov 26 - Thanksgiving Day
...is thankful for the love and laughter in my life and all the many, many people who share it with me. That means YOU. Thanks. ♥
So, they weren't all deep or especially meaningful - the flu took a lot out of me for over a week - but I am constantly reminded of how blessed and lucky I am in my life and I am so thankful for all the wonderful things I have every single day.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Friday, November 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment