Sunday, November 22, 2009

Wow, Am I Glad I Wrote That Down!

From time to time when I'm away from the computer and the kids do something incredible, adorable, or incredibly adorable (which seems like all the time, honestly) I grab a scrap of paper and scribble down what I can remember in the hopes that I will be able to record it more fully at a later time.

I happened to stumble across one of these gems this evening and have to share it. This was from February 27, 2009 - so about 9 months ago. I wrote it out in pretty thorough detail at the time, so I'll just paste it here. Around this time, Finny and I would often have "convernations" and the kid would say some amazing things.

2/27/09 Bedtime

F: Maybe someday I’ll be a Daddy. And a teacher.
M: Maybe. That would be nice, huh?
F: Yeah.
M: What kind of teacher would you be?
F: A baby teacher!
M: You’d teach babies?
F: Yeah. Babies like Greta.
M: You’d teach babies like Greta?
F: ALL the babies in this town!
M: (laughing by now) That sounds like a good idea.
F: And the next day when baby Colin comes from Texas. I’ll teach him, too.
M: You’re going to teach Colin, too?
F: Yeah.
M: You were teaching Greta today, weren’t you? What were you teaching her?
F: Covering oranges with the grass!

This is exactly what he was doing in PopPop Doug’s yard earlier in the day. We picked oranges from the tree and Fin had put his in the grass and was pulling up pieces of grass to hide it in the yard. Greta saw him doing it and also started pulling grass and holding it over the orange in her hand. When I told Fin that Greta was doing everything he was doing, he told me, “I’m her teacher!”

(Soooo glad I wrote that one down and found it again!)

No comments: