I am hiding my head in the dirt trying not to admit that my baby girl is going to be a year old in only a few short days.
I am overwhelemd and busy with so many things - work, Thanksgiving, cleaning the house for Kiza and Colin to come visit this week, planning menus and grocery trips for baking cakes and special treats - it's easy to just push it out of my head and pretend time is not flying right by.
Fin has a new obsession with Finding Nemo these days. We've all been very sick this month (and Dave keeps throwing his back out) so he's been watching it almost daily.
Last night after we "watched the whole song" at the end (the credits) I turned to Dave with tears in my eyes and asked him what we were going to do about the kids.
He had no idea what I was talking about and said he didn't know we needed to do anything about the kids.
I explained that they were taking it upon themselves to grow up while I'm not looking. While I'm at work and missing them. While I'm sleeping (or not sleeping, at their discretion). While I'm busy cleaning, planning grocery trips, doing laundry, designing holiday cards, shopping for birthdays and Christmas - they just keep growing up.
I don't want it to stop, of course. I just want to see more of it. Enjoy it, marvel at their wonder and insightfulness and all the silly, cute, amazing things they do every day. I wish I had a camera on them 24 hours a day so I wouldn't miss a moment of their amazingness.
Dave replied, "Oh, if only there was a movie you could watch several times a week that told you how good it is to let them go and grow up and be themselves..."
Dude, my kids aren't fish.
Just don't tell Fin that. He's been Nemo all week, Dave is Marlon, I'm Dory and Greta gets to be the starfish. Her name in the movie is "Peach", but Fin just calls her Starfish. Starfish will be one year old in 3 days.
Ack.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment