So after rereading a few entries from last year, I found myself alone in the car with Finny this afternoon and thought it might be fun to see how he answered the questions about his favorite things now. It was an amusing conversation.
Me: "Hey Finny, what's your favorite thing about Greta?"
Fin: "umm..." (silence)
M: "What's your favorite thing about Daddy?"
F: "Plaaaaaying!"
M: "What's your favorite thing about Mommy?"
F: "Freckle!"
Yes, still. No hesitation, I swear. LOL No priming, either. He has no idea we've had this conversation before. I was cracking up.
M: "What's your favorite thing about Greta?"
F: "When she tickles me!"
This is such a sweet answer and I assume the conversation is over. I was wrong.
F: "Talk more, Mommy."
M: "About what?"
F: "About all the things I love!"
M: "Okay, what's your favorite thing about Liam?"
F: "Playing Batman and Robin."
M: "What's your favorite thing about PopPop Doug?"
F: "Playing with Liam."
Not really about PopPop there, but I let it go. We were on a roll by this time.
M: "What's your favorite thing about HaHa?"
F: "She tells jokes."
M: "What's your favorite thing about GaGa?"
F: "Going to her house."
M: "What's your favorite thing about PopPop Art?"
F: "Making holes and watching the Penguin."
This last one confused me. I knew the making holes was referring to digging holes in the back yard together, but I had no idea what "watching the Penguin" meant. Apparently, they have some sort of game where anyone with an umbrella is the Penguin from Batman, but the follow up questions sidetracked our conversation and we didn't get to run through the rest of the family before we made it home.
I have to admit, I was more than a little surprised that he still listed the freckle as his favorite thing about Mommy, but considering he still asks for it at bedtime and when he's sad/hurt/scared/upset, I guess I should have expected it. I assume he won't go to Kindergarten and still be sticking his hand down my shirt for comfort, but I guess we'll see. :)
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment