
I can't believe this sweet little girl is almost 23 months old. She is one of the funniest, sweetest, smartest little people I've ever known, but I do recognize my bias as her mom. She is really growing up and is all the things you'd want your daughter to be: fearless, independent, confident, a little bit headstrong. LOL The only bad part (occasionally) is that she is often all those things toward us, too. Yep, she's approaching two.
One of her very first sentences was, "No, Mommy. Me hep!" (me help) Yeah, that pretty much set the tone right there.
She is talking up a storm, has a huge vocabulary and almost always speaks in sentences. She started potty training herself at about 19 months and now typically only wears diapers for naps and bedtime. She loves to draw and will happily pretend with Fin for hours or even days. They have been Nemo and Dory all week (though Fin really wants her to be Bloat and me to be Dory, but she claims she's Dory when he's not paying attention). And her favorite color - for EVERYTHING - is purple. She always wants the purple anything and no matter what she tells you she wants, she will then tell you to make hers purple. Shoes? Purple. Jammies? Purple. Eggs? Purple. (Dave did this a few times, then decided eggs are yellow for a reason. But she still asks.)
And of course, she's beautiful. (Again, there's mom-bias, but look at her! LOL)
She's been doing the one day/week parent-toddler interaction class at preschool with Dave this fall. She loves it. My friend Michele Stange (http://www.michelestange.com/) did the school photos and sent me a sneak preview of Greta's (above).
So, now that she's getting a bit older, one of the things you'll hear from her most often is, "Look me, Mommy! Look me did!" (which, if you don't speak Gretish is "Look at me, Mommy. Look at what I did!") She is very proud of all of her accomplishments, and is also very polite, peppering her conversations with "Deku, Bubba" or "Deku, Mommy" (thank you), and of course, "Beeeeee!" (please). When she really wants something, she will add the baby sign of rubbing her chest to say please as she begs. And of course, I still get "Nur be" (nurse, please) every morning and every afternoon when I get home from work.
The other morning as Greta and I were enjoying our wake up and snuggle nursing session, I realized I'd been staring at her in wonder and adoration for a while and hadn't actually spoken to her much. So I smiled and said hi. She returned a huge grin and said, "Hi!" then went back to nursing. I cracked up laughing and told her I love her. She replied, "Mm-hmm" and threw her top arm way out. Then she sat up and said, "Other arm. BIIIIIIIG!" and threw both arms wide. Yep, this kid knows she's loved.
Y

No comments:
Post a Comment