Monday, October 19, 2009

Quick Finny Catch Up



Unfortunately, I don't have Finny's first preschool photo to share yet, but I'll post it when I get it, I promise. Still a good lookin' kid in this one, though.

In the meantime, this kid is getting HUGE! He's so tall for a 3 yr old that most people assume he's at least 5. He's maybe one inch shorter than his uncle Liam, who is 5.5 yrs old. He is still so very sweet and funny, and of course I think he's a genius, but again - there's that mom bias, right?

He is now in preschool 3 mornings a week. He NEVER wants to go to school, but he also NEVER wants to leave once he's there. He likes his teachers and new friends, but he generally never wants to stop anything he's doing to start anything else, regardless of how much advance warning you give him or how fun the new thing will be. The kid just doesn't dig transitions much.

He is an amazing big brother and is very patient with Greta - most of the time. He lets her help him build Legos, he always assigns her a character in his pretend play (Batman, Bloat, whoever), and he loves to read books with her. A few weeks ago when she would still say "kack" when you pointed to a duck, he would tell her, "Greta, say 'duck'" until she did. Y
Fin's drawings are really starting to look like the things he intends them to look like (which is way more than I can say of my own drawings, but I digress) and even his teachers have been impressed with some of his artwork. The other day he drew a very nice rainbow, then added a leprechaun, and then drew raindrops all over the back of the picture. I love how his little mind works.

No comments: