Thursday, December 31, 2009

Love, Unprovoked

We all went to the mall today to pick up some new shoes and shirts for Dave. HaHa entertained the kids at the Disney store while Dave and I shopped, then we all met up for some big soft pretzels. As HaHa and Dave let Fin pick out the pretzels (one salty, one cinnamon sugar, of course) Greta and I decided to stop by the shoe store and pick up the shoes Dave had picked out earlier.

She held my hand and was alternating between walking and running, when she suddenly announced. "Loh you."

I paused. "What did you say baby?"

"Loh you."

"You love me?"

"Uh-huh." And off she went running again.

Greta has been saying "Loh you doo" for a couple of weeks now and has recently shortened her reply to "Loh you," but today is the first day she's ever just told me she loved me without it being a response to me saying it first.

This was a great end to 2009 and I have a feeling I'm going to like 2010 if she makes it a habit of telling me she loves me.

Happy, safe, healthy New Year!

1 comment:

Claire said...

Ooooh...that's so sweet!!!