Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Oh, The Funny Things Finny Says!

The boy has really been cracking us up lately. I've been keeping a list of his gems from the last few weeks. There's no true rhyme or reason to this list; these are just things that made me laugh and I remembered to write them down. Enjoy!


**A couple of weeks ago, Fin got to school, walked right up to one of his classmates (his best buddy PJ that Greta has a huuuuge crush on) and said, "Hello, arch-nemesis!"

Later that week when HaHa went to pick him up from school, she arrived to see his entire class lined up and ready to go inside and Teacher Linda dragging a head-to-toe muddy Fin over to the sink to get cleaned up. She relinquished Fin to HaHa and when HaHa asked what he was doing, he said very loudly with closed muddy fists on his hips: "I WAS TRYING TO SAVE THE WORLD BUT THE BAD GUYS WOULDN'T LET ME!" She asked who the bad guys were and he said everyone but him (he was being Short Round from the Indiana Jones movies) and he needed more outside time to save the world.

**When something isn't going his way, he has started yelling, "Oh DAMAGE!" We know what he thinks he's saying, but it's far enough away to just be funny.

**When he plays with legos, we will often overhear him having one of his lego guys saying, "Curses, foiled again!" (Can you tell he's into comic books and super heros?)

**Lately, whevener he's learned something new or seen a new movie, he will randomly announce for a few days afterwards, "Mommy, I'm really into Robots" (saw the movie last week) or "I'm really into WALL-E". He's always IN to things now.

**He eats two animal-shaped vitamins every day. He has them play with each other on the table for a few minutes and pretends to feed them his acidophilus supplement (which always has to be broken in half so they each have food ), then he will eat one, do a little "ahhhhh!" yell for it as he chews it up, then has the other one say, "I'll save you!" before he throws that one in his mouth, too.

**A couple of nights ago, we went out to eat and before we realized it, he'd grabbed one of the after dinner mints as we walked out the door. So he was eating it in the car on the way home and asked, "Can I save my progress on this and finish it tomorrow?" Yeah, he's been playing a lot of video games lately. :)

**Last night the kids were doing the usual wind-down-for-bedtime jumping on the bed ticklefest. After about a half hour of trying to land on Dave's head, Fin announced, "I'm kind of an amaziac!" It seemed like a very appropriate description.

No comments: