Today is my mother-in-law's 60th birthday, so Happy Birthday HaHa (Elaine)! I hope it's a great day for you!
This morning Dave and Fin sat down to make HaHa a birthday card. They pulled out some paper and crayons, sat down at Fin's art table and went to work. I was a few feet away putting away laundry and overheard the following conversation:
Dave: "Nice drawing. What is that? It looks like a heart."
Fin: "No, a butt."
D (laughing): "Okay. And what is this part here?"
F: "A butt face!"
I swear, I really, really, really don't think he's EVER heard the phrase "butt face" anywhere. I think he drew the butt and then tried to put a face on it. But the conversation continued...
D: "What's this part here that's coming out of the butt face?"
F (proudly): "A POOPY!"
Yeah, the potty training is going really well lately. LOL. And of course, poopy is a common topic of conversation around our house, so I'm not surprised it got drawn.
After that exchange, Dave asked if he could label the things in the drawing so HaHa would know what everything was. Fin said sure, so HaHa's birthday card had arrows pointing to a butt, a butt face and a poopy. And Greta did a little scribble for her, too.
I hope turing 60 is this special for all of us!
Monday, October 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Today is my MIL's 60th too :)
Oh my goodness that is a story to remember. So funny!
LOL. How funny and cute!
Post a Comment