It's Monday today. Just to get the week started off right, both kids decided to grace us with their waste this morning. How did they know it was Monday already? LOL
Greta had a pretty rough night last night. She went to sleep around 7:30, but had woken up crying and screaming 4 times before 11:30. She would fuss for a minute or two, but kept putting herself back to sleep before Dave or I could get in there to check on her, so she seemed to just be waking up and complaining a bit (poor girl). At 11:30, I went in to nurse her since she'd been having such a rough night. Then she slept until 5:30! Yea!
I nursed her again at 5:30 and she zonked back out. Around 7am, I heard her chatting and talking to herself in the crib. It was such a sweet sound and one we hadn't heard from her in a few weeks. This next group of teeth really seems to be taking a toll on her morning moods :(
Anyway, also around 7am, Fin started to stir, so I knew both kids were going to be up and luckily, both seemed to be in relatively good moods. I hopped up to get Greta while she was still happy and brought her back into bed to join the family for cuddling and snuggling. She was SO happy to see Fin and they made each other giggle for a few minutes until she was ready to nurse again.
While I was nursing her, Fin crawled out of bed and was playing on the floor. He wanted to pull the sheets off the bed, but I was sitting on them. We were debating how I could get him the sheets without disturbing Greta and he got very still and glassy-eyed for a moment. I knew what that look meant.
I asked him if he was peeing, and of course he said no. This kid can go all night and wake up dry in the mornings, but we still make him sleep in a diaper because he will REFUSE to go sit on the potty first thing in the morning.
A moment later, he says, "It's water on my leg!" Yep, that diaper leaked.
While Dave tried to get the soaking diaper off Fin (with many yells and complaints from Fin - "It's WATER! It's NOT pee!") I had the bright idea of taking Greta's diaper off while I nursed her. Not completely off, of course, I just thought I could get it undone while she was laying in my lap and then take it off her before she crawled away. Since she's so mobile these days, she doesn't like staying still for diaper changes, so I figured this way we'd only have to keep her still to get the new diaper ON, not also take off the old diaper.
So about this time, Dave is giving up on arguing with Fin and Greta's about done. I leaned over to pick up the sheet that had been on the floor and as it landed on the bed, I realized it was wet. Fin had apparently been standing on it when his diaper leaked. I quickly tossed it back off the bed so the bedsheet didn't get wet and it landed in a sopping mess right on my leg. Yuck.
I asked Dave to grab Greta so I could clean up the sheets, floor and my leg and as he picked her up, I held on to her wet (so I thought) diaper. Then I heard the telltale plunks.
Yep, she'd pooped!
I caught most of it in the diaper and warned Dave as he carried her out of the room to get her cleaned up, but this was of course the moment that Fin decided to return to the room. I'm not sure a 2-year-old has more delight than when they're dancing around singing "Where's the poopy?"
So that was the start to my week this morning. Pee on my leg (and my sheets and my floor) and poop in the carpet.
Kids are fun! LOL. I still want to know how they knew it was Monday.
Monday, October 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment