Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Success!!!

I certainly don't want to jinx anything, but I think Fin is completely potty trained!

He's been in big boy pants full time for at least a week and I think we've only had (maybe) 3 accidents. He's wearing big boy underwear all night, the bed stays bone dry and he goes potty as soon as he wakes up every single morning!

Dave and I were talking this morning and neither of us could remember when we last put a diaper on him, so I think he's finally done. Of course, he still asks what his "special treat" will be every time he uses the potty so we'll have to wean him off that, but he's going several times a day without being reminded and when we do ask him if he needs to go, he doesn't fight us at all!

And can I tell you how cute it is when he suddenly stops playing, pulls off his pants and runs naked to the bathroom by himself? LOL When I ask him if he needs help, he just yells, "NO!" and keeps on running. And he doesn't! He uses his step stool to climb right up on the regular potty to sit down, or just stands over his little potty and goes. But it is hilarious to see him trying to straddle the little potty, hold on to the wall and squat down a little to make sure he doesn't spray pee everywhere.

Anyway, I'm so proud of him and so glad it seems to have finally clicked! The other day in the car he suddenly said, "I'm a big boy now. I use the potty all the time and now I can go to school like Liam!"

1 comment:

HippieDiva said...

Woo! Congratulations! What a big boy! *sniffle*