Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Greta's latest accomplishments

I cannot believe how quickly this little girl is growing up. When I laid her in her crib last night, she squirmed and crawled a little in her sleep to get comfy and when she stretched out, I swear she had the long, lanky limbs of a toddler already. Sigh...

She's also had two fun milestones in the last couple of days!

She's been pulling up and cruising on furniture for a while now and will often do a single hand hold to stay upright, but whenever she let go completely - plop! - down she'd go on her tushie. But two days ago, she was standing in GaGa's kitchen holding her hands and she suddenly let go and just stood there! She stood for a really long time (okay, about 10 seconds, but that's long when she's never done it before) before she sat down and we haven't gotten her to do it again since then, but it's progress! This one will be walking before I know it, I'm sure.

And since I posted about her signing "birdie" she's started generalizing it and using it whenever she wants to get anyone's attention or point to anything. So it may not really just mean bird anymore, but she has found a word she loves to say! If you ask her if she wants more of anything while she's eating or playing, she'll look right at you and say "buh!".

Now I know this sounds nothing like "more", but she definitely knows what she wants when she says it and if you offer her something more and she doesn't say "buh" she will not pick it up or play with it at all.

Finally, she's been sort of waving for a week or so, but this morning over breakfast, she was practicing opening and closing her hand like a wave. As I left for work, I gave both kids kisses and hugs and as I reached the door, I turned and waved and she gave me a HUGE grin and waved back!

We played that game of waving and saying bye for a few minutes and finally HaHa picked her up and brought her outside to the driveway so she could wave as I left for work.

It was a sweet morning having both of my kiddos standing in the driveway waving as I left for the day.

1 comment:

Melissa Ann Rodgers said...

Oh B the driveway thing....so sweet. I bet that made your whole day. :)