The time has come, the walrus said...
to get rid of the cancer boobies!
Wait... that's not how it was originally written. But I suppose in my story, that's the way it goes. At least for the next few hours.
We're supposed to be at the hospital in 8 hours. Surgery starts at 7:30am, is supposed to last for 3-4 hours and then I should have a couple of hours in recovery before being sent home.
I called the insurance company yesterday to make sure everything was preauthorized and ready to go and two of their employees pointed out that my procedure was scheduled as an outpatient procedure. I had to assure them that it was correct, but it does still seem a bit odd. Apparently removing a couple of body parts isn't too big a deal these days, huh?
Anyway, I'm exhausted, which I suppose is a good thing. There's a chance I might actually get some sleep tonight. But there's also a chance I'll fall asleep no problem only to find myself awake again in a couple of hours tossing and turning and trying not to imagine what I'm going to feel and look like by the end of the day.
I did get to spend today surrounded by amazing friends and family who love me. And of course, I got phone calls from many more, too. And emails from family, so many notes on facebook, IM chats, etc. I am incredibly loved and supported through this process and I know I am so very blessed to have all of you in my life.
Thank you for laughing with me through the last three weeks, thank you for all the many offers for help of any kind, food, shoulders to cry on should I ever need them, shopping buddies for new lingerie when the boobs are replaced, hugs and SO much love.
You are all incredible and I can't imagine how anyone goes through a journey like this without this kind of support network. Thank you for being in my life.
But now, it's late, I'm exhausted and my little people are still awake. We all need to get some rest, so I'm going to go cuddle and snuggle with my babies.
Tomorrow the cancer will be out of me and it can't happen soon enough. I will miss these little boobies that have been mine for so long. I am glad they did such a good job of feeding my babies and even entertaining a few boys from time to time, but they have served their purpose and apparently my body is due for some changes. I never thought of any of my body parts as being temporary, but I am glad modern medicine can get the bad parts out and still allow me to have all the wonderful, amazing and healthy parts of my life intact.
Bye bye, bad boobies! Cancer be gone!
Someone will update tomorrow when I'm out of surgery and in recovery. I'll be back to post more soon.
Love to you all.
<3
-B-

No comments:
Post a Comment