Benah here again - and CANCER FREE!!!!!!
I actually am dancing a little bit as I write this, but I have somewhat limited mobility, so trying not to overdo anything here...
The surgery yesterday went absolutely perfectly. I am SO thankful for my amazing PR guru Jessica Catlin for keeping you all up to date and I was amazed to find 260 messages waiting for me when I turned my BlackBerry back on after surgery. I read through about 30-40, took a drug nap and woke up to find another 50+. LOL - It took a while, but I smiled through all of them.
Thank you all so incredibly much for the love and support you've all shared in the past few weeks. It has meant more to me than you can possibly ever know.
So, for now I'm doing really well. I'm sleeping a lot after I take the drugs (fun combo of valium and torodol) but I tend to have a few hours of activity and mobility in between naps and the next dose. And they warned me that I probably wouldn't be too hungry for a few days. Shows what they know - I think my days are much like a newborn's right now: sleep, eat, pee, sleep some more, pee, eat again.
Oh yeah, and I'm drinking gallons of water, too. LOL Supposed to keep the nausea at bay.
As for pain, it mostly feels like I've just done waaay too many pushups at this point. And some crunches. I'm bruised and tender, but not in major pain at all. I can raise my arms over my head - though VERY slowly - and even managed a shower this morning.
I was a little concerned about the emotional impact of seeing myself without breasts, but honestly, it's not too bad at all. It's certainly different, but it's temporary.
I thought I would mourn them more, but strangely... I just don't yet. I'm happy to be healthy. I blessed to live in a place with skilled care providers that can get the cancer out of me and let me laugh with my kids, family and friends.
I am surrounded by people who love me and want to hang out and take care of me. What more could a person possibly ask for?
Cancer is still incredibly, incredibly stupid and I know my journey is really just beginning, but for being a day out of surgery, I feel damn good.
Love to you all. Time to drain some fluids (not nearly as gross as it sounds, promise) and take a few more meds, then probably sleep some more. Hope to see some visitors soon!
Much, much love, thanks and joy to you all!
-B-
Saturday, August 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment